SAT* Test Preparation at Fractal Academy
We At Fractal Academy are ready for the NEW SAT! We specialize and have passion for helping students get into college. Your SAT score can have a profound effect on college admission and eligibility for scholarships. At Fractal Academy, we are strong believers that adequate test preparation and strategy are vital to improving scores on the exam and we are here to help. Do you have the Fractal Advantage?
SAT Small Class Intensive Prep at Fractal Academy
September-November 2018 Test Date Classes
September 23, 30
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 4, 11
11:00AM – 2:00PM
Verbal [Reading, Writing & Language, Essay]: 12 hours consisting of four 3-hr classes
Mathematics [With & Without Calculator]: 12 hours consisting of four 3-hour classes
Contact Fractal Now for SAT Prep!
The Intensive Prep class is designed for all students in grades 9-12. It provides a review of the content of the Reading, Writing and Language, and Mathematics sections as well as the optional Essay content on the SAT, and includes an introduction to the most effective strategies for each section. The course includes a diagnostic exam and full-length practice exam, and eight 3-hour classes of engaging lecture, rigorous reinforcement of new content, and consistent practice. In addition, students will work with the instructor to develop a long-term study plan for their preparation beyond the end of the class. Times may be adjusted based on demand. A minimum of 4 students required for class to be run.
Frequently Asked Questions for our ACT Intensive Prep Course at Fractal Academy
- Who should take this course?
- Students who find a welcoming yet rigorous small group environment rewarding.
- The small group intensive prep classes are best for those students seeking an introduction to the content and strategies covered on SAT.
- For optimum results, we strongly recommend for students to participate in 5-10 hours of private tutoring following the intensive prep classes to review individual strengths and weaknesses.
- What features are provided with this course?
- Top experienced educators; all our educators are experienced tutors who are considered masters of their subject matter and have a record of proven success!
- Engaging lecture, to introduce strategy and new content
- Collaborative problem-solving, to tackle difficult problems early in the course
- Introduction to content review and test taking strategies
- No more than 8 students per small group
- Diagnostic exam and practice tests
- Additional supplemental materials
- What is covered in an Intensive Prep Course?
- Each intensive prep course covers a thorough content review of all subject matter, practice problems, and test taking strategies for that specific test. Additional books, online learning resources, and supplemental worksheets are provided.
- How much work outside of the classroom is expected on a weekly basis?
- For our students to demonstrate the most growth, we encourage our students to commit to the program and complete 1-2 hours per day of homework, focusing on areas of strengths and weaknesses and reviewing all content cover in classes. We welcome the students to reach out and ask questions to their instructors if they become unclear on a specific question or subject matter.
- One-on-One instruction
- In-person or Online Sessions
- More freedom for session scheduling
- Adjustments to match your improvement
Contact Fractal Now for SAT Prep!
Fractal Academy Free SAT Test Materials
“The questions on the SAT emphasize mathematical reasoning and evaluate how well you can think through math problems. You will need to know some specific math concepts and math skills. The mathematics section evaluates how well you use these concepts and skills to solve real-life math problems” – ETS
What is the Fractal Strategy?
The Fractal Strategy is to “save” or “accrue” as much time as possible on the medium and low difficulty questions, leaving time to really think through the high difficulty questions. This may seem like common sense, but in school you are often taught to “take your time,” “check your work,” and not to rush. These are great strategies for school, but are not realistic for the SAT exam, where time is most test-takers’ arch nemesis. Our strategies will help you speed through questions that are intended to be time-suckers, stacking extra minutes onto the “difficult” time-allotment column. We will teach you how to hone in on strategies that will get you the answer the fastest way possible, without sacrificing accuracy.