ACT Test Preparation at Fractal Academy
At Fractal Academy, we specialize and have passion for helping students get into college. Your ACT score can have a profound effect on college admission and eligibility for scholarships. At Fractal Academy, we are strong believers that adequate test preparation and strategy are vital to improving scores on the exam and we are here to help. Do you have the Fractal Advantage?
ACT Small Class Intensive Prep at Fractal Academy
July 14, 2018 Test Date Classes
June 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 – 4:00PM-7:00PM
September 8, 2018 Test Date Classes
August 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23
Option 1: 11:00AM-2:00 PM
Option 2: 4:00 PM – 7:00PM
Verbal [English, Reading, Essay]: 12 hours consisting of four 3-hr classes
Mathematics and Science: 12 hours consisting of four 3-hour classes
Contact Fractal Now for ACT Prep!
The Intensive Prep class is designed for all students in grades 9-12. It provides a review of the content of the Reading, English, Mathematics and Science sections as well as the optional Essay and includes an introduction to the most effective strategies for each section. The course includes a diagnostic exam and full-length practice exam, and eight 3-hour classes of engaging lecture, rigorous reinforcement of new content, and consistent practice. In addition, students will work with the instructor to develop a long-term study plan for their preparation beyond the end of the class. Classes occur 3-4 weeks prior to a test date. Times may be adjusted based on demand. A minimum of 4 students required for class to be run.
Frequently Asked Questions for our ACT Intensive Prep Course at Fractal Academy
- Who should take this course?
- Students who find a welcoming yet rigorous small group environment rewarding.
- The small group intensive prep classes are best for those students seeking an introduction to the content and strategies covered on ACT.
- For optimum results, we strongly recommend for students to participate in 5-10 hours of private tutoring following the intensive prep classes to review individual strengths and weaknesses.
- What features are provided with this course?
- Top experienced educators; all our educators are experienced tutors who are considered masters of their subject matter and have a record of proven success!
- Engaging lecture, to introduce strategy and new content
- Collaborative problem-solving, to tackle difficult problems early in the course
- Introduction to content review and test taking strategies
- No more than 8 students per small group
- Diagnostic exam and practice tests
- Additional supplemental materials
- What is covered in an Intensive Prep Course?
- Each intensive prep course covers a thorough content review of all subject matter, practice problems, and test taking strategies for that specific test. Additional books, online learning resources, and supplemental worksheets are provided.
- How much work outside of the classroom is expected on a weekly basis?
- For our students to demonstrate the most growth, we encourage our students to commit to the program and complete 1-2 hours per day of homework, focusing on areas of strengths and weaknesses and reviewing all content cover in classes. We welcome the students to reach out and ask questions to their instructors if they become unclear on a specific question or subject matter.
Contact Fractal Now for ACT Prep!